Friday, July 24, 2009

fitting my life into 46 kgs.

Packing.

I leave for Ghana in fifteen hours and I cannot seem to make everything I will need fit into the weight limit. Sure, some of the things I am bringing are not essential (catchphrase, the complete Lewis Carroll, four family size bags of peanut butter m&ms, an aerobie flyer, and my iPod speakers, among others) but six months is a long time and I want to be prepared (I'm not sure what those things prepare me for, but whatever it is, I'll be ready). If I only had to ditch one thing to make weight that'd be one thing but I am at the point where I feel like I need to unpack everything and start over from scratch. I am trying really hard to think objectively and I'm sure that most of you could set me straight and tell me "Lucy, you don't need three mad libs books, how about one?". But at this time and after a really long day, I can't decide whether the one I should bring is "mad libs from outer space," "slam dunk mad libs," or "grab bag mad libs".

I am strongly wishing that I hadn't waited until the last minute to finish packing but the last few days I spent with my favorite people were well worth my current stress, and hey, the worst that can happen is I pay the $100 overweight fee, or ditch the non-essentials and say goodbye to my catchphrase-alice in wonderland-
peanut butter-flying dance party.

Ghana here I come.

post script: please note that I am avoiding writing down my thoughts and feelings about being gone for so long...it's because it doesn't seem real yet. when it hits me, you will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment